Trophy boyfriend option

I'm 41. I'm a few weeks shy of having an MBA and a few months shy of a fancy new job. I'm smart, I'm arty, and I read a lot. And now I have a new admirer and he's 26 and he's handsome but not that bright and his major interests (aside from me) are the footie and beer (in quantity).

I've always preferred my men smart, even geeky. They have wicked senses of humour and know lots of things about lots of things and they read books and see movies that don't necessarily have Bruce Willis or Mel Gibson in them and can occasionally play all seven tiles in a game of Scrabble.

But those aren't the ones admiring me. Little British Jethro is. Those guys are married or seem to be looking for someone that's decidedly not me. LBJ blushes when he talks to me and thinks I'm fascinating.

If I were a guy, I would mercilessly ridicule me. But I could do with a night out and a little attention.

What's a girl to do?

Comments

Ben-Bob said…
Smart? Wicked sense of humor? Read books? Can occasionally play all seven tiles in a game of Scrabble? Shit, that lets me out.

What's a girl to do? I know that YOU can play all seven tiles, so we don't really need to spell out, eh? Have fun....
By all means, go out with LBJ. Take him to Red Lobster, but don't be ironic.
Mark Larsen said…
Oh honey, go out with the boy and have fun!
Are you kidding? Go get some sugar!
(And of course you are fascinating. Why keep it all for us?) Jump! Jump! Jump!
Cup said…
Play with him. Have fun. Live in the moment.
Kireliols said…
The thing about selfish little trysts is to regret them AFTER - not lament them before. Just do it.
michaelg said…
There is no choice here. Go get your fancy tickled. It's not as though you have to marry him. Even though he doesn't meet all your stated criteria (few will), we won't think you Our Lady of Low Standards for having a fun fling.
Marni said…
Gor for it... it could be FUN!
Mnmom said…
Oh have fun!! Just don't break his sweet young heart.

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Christmas memories, vol. 20