Stealers Wheel(s) Repair

Okay. It's 1033pm. Just got home from work. It's been a bit crazy, and it's not going to get better for awhile. As mentioned before, school and work are gonzo right now. I've got a lingering cough from the cold I caught two weeks ago, and I haven't been to bed before 2 AM in well over a week, which is less than ideal for shaking off a cold.

I've been crabby, tired, and not particularly pleasant to be around.

I came home, I sat down to a crap dinner of cold leftovers, and turned on the computer. Made a cup of tea and assumed my study position, which is on the left side of sofa A, with the iPod shuffling on the table next to me so I can FForward past any song that doesn't strike my fancy or keep up my momentum. (There's a significant dent in the cushions that needs to be dealt with when I stand up.)

On with the iPod. Switched it to shuffle (as I'd actually been focusing directly on the albums mentioned in the last post.)

First song out of the gate....Stuck in the Middle by Stealer's Wheels. And now I'm smiling.

What is it about that song that makes me so happy? I totally dig it.

Maybe it's the clapping. I like clapping. Sometimes I clap when I think something is really funny or I am excited.

Maybe it's Gerry Rafferty. I liked that Baker Street song when I was 12 because I had a crush on an older boy at Vos Resort who would put that song in the jukebox and sing along while he shot pool. He also taught me to collect crawdads. (The older boy, not Gerry Rafferty.) Plus he's Scottish (Gerry Rafferty, that is, not the older boy...he was from Illinois). I like Scots (and SCOTS.)

Or maybe it's the Reservoir Dogs link. I like a little Quentin Tarantino now and again. And sometimes I fantasize about torturing people I dislike (though usually it's not physical torture...it's more planting I've Never Been to Me in their heads for eternity or sitting them next to a total bore at a party). Plus Michael Madsen is a good dancer. And I like Van Gogh. He cut his own ear off, which takes more guts than cutting off a policeman's ear when you've got him tied up.

Regardless of the reason, this song has totally lifted my deflated spirits and made me, well, goofy happy glad. Goofy happy glad is good.

Now on with the homework.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Executive MBA 2006-07 Director's Prize