Tagged - Volume 1

1) Would you bungee jump? Absolutely, categorically no. There is no reason to bungee jump. If I wanted that kind of adrenaline rush, I'd drive a race car.

2) If you could do anything in the world for a living what would it be? Host a television chat show

3) Your favorite fictional animal? Barnaby, my friend Darlene's teddy bear

4) One person who never fails to make you laugh? ONE??? That's impossible. CP, KB, the Poodle, LarryAldrich, Suebee, Bethy, El Ben, my brother....need I go on?

But if you want one, then it's Martha Dumptruck.

5) When you were 12 years old what did you want to be when you grew up? A gonzo journalist who'd scoop stories in the middle east by interviewing terrorists and world leaders and folks on the street. Or Barbie. Either would have been fine.

6) What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? There's usually some sort of profanity involved. Mornings and me...let's say we agree to disagree.

7) Have you ever gone to therapy? What do you think?

8) If you could have one super power what would it be? Fly. Flying would ROCK.

And seduce everyone I meet with my charm, wit, and beauty. Oh wait. I can do that. Never mind.

9) Your favorite cartoon character?
I heart the Tick.


10) Do you go to church? Not right now, but I used to be on the vestry at an Episcopal church. Like three years ago, so it's not even long ago.

11) What is your best childhood memory? Watching Gilligan's Island on the big leopard pillows with my dad. And playing with my mom's fingernails when I held her hand. My mom has REALLY strong nails.

12) Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? Absolutely not. Marriage rocks. If you find someone who laughs at your jokes, thinks you're fabulous, and you want to talk to them for the rest of your life, get to it. I'm boycotting it, though, unless they opened it up to all my friends, not just the hetrosexual ones.

13) Do you own a gun? No. I don't hunt and I'm uncoordinated. Guns are a bad idea for people like me.

14) Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? Yes, I have. Smacked him good and hard, too. And he deserved it. the prick.

15) Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? Yes. In addition to the odd karaoke night, I had a solo in a ladies quartet my senior year in high school. We sang Mr. Sandman, and I wrote an extra verse to it to help us stand out....Mr. Sandman, I want a man who makes my heart pound like only he can. I want somebody who's tall and good-looking. Who buys his suits at Saks, his shoes at Gucci. Sandman, I don't ask much. I just want true love, caresses and such. Please, turn on your magic beam... Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream! Soooooo not my type of guy. But I was 17. It seemed cool then.

16) What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Soulful eyes, keen wit, and kindness.

17) What is your biggest mistake? As one who has made many "mistakes", I've chosen to embrace them as part of life's secret little plan. Therefore this is impossible to answer.

18) Say something totally random about yourself. I got stopped for speeding in the driver's education car.

And I hate sitting in other people's body heat. Seriously, if a chair is warm I'll stand up until it cools down. And how freaky is this....so does my brother, and we just figured out that we shared this obsession this summer.

19) Has anyone ever said that you looked like a celebrity?

Not really. My friend Rod thought I looked like what's her name from Yaz, but he was usually high when he said it and I had a second-hand trench coat and a beat up fedora that I wore a lot in high school so I think it was really about my wardrobe, not me.

Maybe I'M a celebrity....everywhere I go people think they recognise me. And when I travel for work, people remember me from visit to visit and always call me by name. It's kind of creepy, actually, when you're at some hotel in San Jose and the bellman says, "You've stayed with us before, haven't you? Maybe six months ago?" Yes, freako. I did. Why do you know that?

There was also a guy in St. Paul who used to come up behind me and hug me at Lunds. Then he'd realise I wasn't his friend Kristen or Kirstin or whatever her name was, and he'd get really embarrassed.

20) What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you? I had a boyfriend who collected those individual-serving glass bottles of ketchup and then he gave them to me for Valentine's Day. SWOON. (FYI, I hate cold ketchup. I mean, I REALLY hate cold ketchup...almost as much as I hate sitting in other people's body heat, which is a lot.)

21) Do you actually read these when other people fill them out? Absolutely.

Comments

lulu said…
You would totally rock as a chat show host. Maybe you should start a youtube show. It could become a huge smash hit and you could take the world by storm
Joe said…
Indeed.
Dale said…
Great idea Lulu. Do it! Great answers.

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Empathize this