Clarification

I've been informed by several of my UK readers that they thought the photo image to the left was actually me as a child.

Should you also be wondering this, let me clarify that that is not, in fact, me, but rather the image of Dawn Wiener from the classic dark comedy, Welcome to the Dollhouse.

While I certainly had my geeky stages and often demonstrated a strong sense of misguided fashion, Dawn does not look like me on the outside...she only represents how I felt on the inside.

If you are new to Melinda June, you can click on the label below for a visual tour of my youth.

Comments

Kireliols said…
I never would have thought that was you! Your fashion sense is too fab to ever have worn that!
Joe said…
We just saw "Welcome to the Dollhouse" for the first time the other day.

I really didn't like it that much. It was ok. I think I thought that it would be cooler, since I first heard of it from you and Coaster Punchman.
Melinda June said…
I didn't really like it the first time I saw it either, bubs. The thing abuot WTTD is that it is brutally honest about the emotions and feelings of ostracization, and the horrific geekiness grows on you. The first time it's actually hard to watch.
Mnmom said…
I still want to believe that's you, even though I knew better.

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Christmas memories, vol. 20