How to enjoy a Thursday Night

After a long day at work, I recommend the following:

Change clothes. I picked yoga pants and a glow-in-the-dark tshirt from here.

Run to the gym. Work out your frustrations on the treadmill.

Come home sweaty. Pound a glass of water while you make dinner. I chose a "Count-On-Us Ham and Mushroom Pizza" from M&S and a salad with cos lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, and a basic mustard vinaigrette.

Eat dinner. Drink another glass of water.

Go in the kitchen and grab the Makers Mark.

Ice the shaker. Three parts MM, one part plus a kiss of sweet vermouth, three dashes bitters. Cap the thing and shake it like a hurricane, preferably dancing about to Soul City.(If you've got my 40@40 it's on there.) Serve up with a cherry, or a strawberry if that's what you have.

Sit down on the sofa and watch the new season of Extras whilst you sip your delicious nectar of gods.

Comments

lulu said…
Strawberry? How post-modern of you. I like it.
Jake's Mom said…
Permitted even if I don't work outside the home?? I think my world would be a better color with one of those in me!!:):)
Joe said…
Dig that 24-hour Church of Elvis! How'd you find them?

And you're a bourbon drinker? You are DEFINITELY invited for cocktails at the compound lounge. Hey, I just realized--you can buy absinthe in the UK I think. You should treat yourself to an authentic Sazerac cocktail some night, complete with real absinthe and not Absente or Herbsaint.
Melinda June said…
Necessity is the mother of invention, Lu.

Yes, Marg, indulge regardless of what you're doing that day. A good manhattan makes any day better!)

Used to live in Seattle, Bubs, and Portland is just a little weekend trip away. Me likey the performance art and spectacle, plus I'm almost as fascinated by the cult of Elvis as I am of Mormons...how could I NOT find it?

Yes, I'm a bourbon drinker. And I'd figured that one out about the absinthe. ;) There's a bar in London that has a million kinds of bourbon AND absinthe, and it was conveniently located on my route to the Toulouse Latrec show at the Tate...I'll bring you a bottle when I stop by for cocktails.
wonderturtle said…
There are few things sweeter than changing clothes at the end of a long day. Especially into yoga pants and a t-shirt. Mmmmm
Old Lady said…
I am really pissed that y'all are getting to see "Extras" first!!!!
Melinda June said…
Find solace in the fact that the most recent seasons of Grey's Anatomy and the Sopranos have just started here, Entourage begins season one in a few weeks, and the latest Curb Your Enthusiasm and Gilmore Girls aren't even on the horizon.
Try a Manhattan with ... OMG, I totally forgot the name of the kick ass bourbon I got as a gift. But try it anyway. You'll love it.

CP
Elijah Craig.
Old Lady said…
I just watch the Sopranos out of that group, but I guess that is a fair trade off. When I saw that Extras had the guy from The Office-the UK version I knew it would be good. So many shows do not convert well over here. They have tried to produce Ab Fab & Coupling, but I guess some of us are too stodgy. We thirst for UK TV! Or at least I do.
Melinda June said…
I will admit that I, too, enjoy a bit of the Beeb. And I find a lot of good things to watch on tv here. But I miss my soulmate Larry David a lot.

CP, Elijah Craig is EXCELLENT. So is Buffalo Trace. Had that at a bar in London not so long ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Planning Funerals