Here are the things I've learned thus far:
- Van Morrison is funny-looking.
- So is Bob Geldolf, though now that he's Sir Bob and has that air of philanthropic altruism about him he's pretty sexy.
- Sinead O'Connor looked better without hair. She's a pretty girl, though, and unlike that Shania Twain she doesn't wear too much makeup or dress like a prostitute.
- U2 have aged a lot. And Bono's put on weight but gotten a better haircut. And the Edge looks really bored in the video for Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. And Tim Park really did look like Adam Clayton in college. But he kind of looked like Larry Mullen, Jr., too. (I know, Mark. Any woman with hormones and all that.) Oh. And their music is pretty fabulous, too, even though I don't like to admit it.
- I don't much care for Enya.
- I do, however, love the Pogues, and if you're the lucky recipient of my 40@40 in July you will learn to love them, too.
- But that Shane McGowan. Talk about hitting all the branches on the ugly tree, bless him. (And he's not even visibly drunk in this photo.)