Missing Larry Aldrich

Today I am missing my friend Larry Aldrich.

I have three of his woodcuts on the wall. They're from an alphabet block series he did about ten years ago. I have "T is for Trike," "E is for Effigy," and "D is for Dog." (Which should actually be titled "D is for terrifying-Dog-with-sharp-growly-teeth," but never mind.) I always arrange them to spell TED for some reason. Next time I hang them I think I'll mix them up and spell DTE.

Larry and his partner, Will, live in West Seattle. He has dachshunds. He has tatoos about eating chicken soup with rice. He is a plant guru, and can make any plant I've been trying to kill grow like you wouldn't believe. Larry has the most memorable laugh I've ever heard. I never get to see him any more, what since I live 7000 miles away now. This is not good.

Here are my two favourite Larry jokes:

1) Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon? Great food, no atmosphere.
2) So a horse walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Hey, buddy, why the long face?"

Long live Larry Aldrich.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Christmas memories, vol. 20