Hidden secrets

I had to spend part of today at home because my boiler is acting up again and the repairman was dismantling it. And for some reason, I decided that it was time to start loading more of my CDs into iTunes. I'd gotten tired along the way, and over half of my music was still not in. Or perhaps I've been inspired by Grant Miller. God knows I often am.

But my point.

My, do I have some kinda taste. The Captain and Tennille's Greatest Hits? It's in there now. Uncle Tupelo? Gotcha. The Lead and How to Swing It? Yup.

I had forgotten my penchant for soundtracks and cover albums. I have quite a few. Let's see if you can guess this movie? (And googling for matches makes you a pansy.)

London Calling by the Clash, Half-Life by Duncan Sheik, and Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo by Rick Derringer

How about this one?

Jockey Full of Bourbon by Tom Waits, Bittersweet by Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Mile High by Morphine

Between gems like these and Ruben Blades doing "The Man Who Sailed Around His Soul" my iPod shuffling just got a little more interesting.

Comments

Ben-Bob said…
"Hidden secrets?" "My boiler is acting up again and the repairman was dismantling it?" From the euphemisms, sounds like you had a racy day.

But I cannot argue with your main point--you do, indeed, have some kinda taste....
Melinda June said…
Leave it to you to think dirty thoughts, Perv. Or is that Dr. Perv to me?
"Half-Life by Duncan Sheik"

My girlfriend, when was I was living in Italy would play Duncan's "Wild Places" until I'd go nuts and leave the apartment. Brilliant aversion therapy, that. I can't take him to this day

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Executive MBA 2006-07 Director's Prize