Patriotism

I am a patriot. I believe in the USA and I know that, in our best moments, we can be an positive influence and a force for good in the world. But sometimes, even with the best intent, we fall short. Click here for an example of patriotism gone sadly awry. (And keep an eye out for the ghostfighters in the sky.)

If you want to be truly patriotic, find a way to silence David Hasselhoff. In the third installment of a documentary about Windsor Castle which aired on BBC1 last night, Mr. H was interviewed at the Coronation Cup polo match in the Cartier tent. And how did he represent America? I paraphrase, but basically he said something like, "Dude, it's totally amazing to be here. I mean whodathunkit? Like, little old David Hasselhoff from Detroit MI (or some other non-descript middle American city) at the Coronation Cup. It totally blows my mind. I called my old man today and he said, "Hey, what are you doing, Son," and I said, "Having lunch with THE QUEEN, man. I'm totally having lunch with the QUEEN." "

Thanks, Beavis. U-S-A! U-S-A!

Comments

lulu said…
Remember Mindy, Germans LOVE David Hasselhoff.

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Executive MBA 2006-07 Director's Prize