Music Profiling

There's no way I'm doing that long questionaire of boring things. (I do snore sometimes and often snort when I laugh, though.) But I love the randomness of music profiling so I am doing this. (But I will never use the term "meme," FYI. I like the internet, I'm obviously a self-obsessed, compulsive blogger, but I don't care for "terms" and prefer to treat everything I do as traditional self-publishing. Sort of an eco-friendly Thomas Paine, but without all the relevance and with more song lyrics and recipes.)

How many songs: 2835 (haven't loaded half of my collection in yet)

Sort by song title:
First song: '69 El Camino by SCOTS
Last song: Zombie Love by the Jazz Butcher

Sort by time:
Shortest: Outro by Rilo Kiley 0:04
Longest: Group Dance by Charles Mingus 18:39

Sort by album:
First song: Hello by Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory
(Punctuation must come before numbers in the sort)
Last Song: The Rockafeller Skank by Fatboy Slim - You've Come A Long Way Baby

First song that comes up on "shuffle":
Where Have All The Good Times Gone by the Kinks

Number of items that come up when searching for:
"sex": 3
"death": 6
"love": 288
"you": 355
"me": 839
"cry": 25

Comments

Anonymous said…
M,

Did the same analysis. We have the same first song!

Answers:

How many songs: 8720
Sort by song title:

First song: '69 El Camino by SCOTS
Last song: Zvezda Rok by Leningrad (Everything Is Illuminated Soundtrack)

Sort by time:
Shortest: Patricia by Trip Shakespeare
Longest: Mountain Jam by The Allman Brothers Band

Sort by album:
First song: Can’t Get Enough of Your Love by Bad Company
Last Song: Perfect Blue by Lloyd Cole

First song that comes up on "shuffle":
What Happened Then by The Apples in Stereo

Number of items that come up when searching for:
"sex": 19
"death": 27
"love": 549
"you": 1045
"me": 2217


B
Melinda June said…
B - Considering you have four times loaded in that I do, that's actually pretty incredible.
Dale said…
We have the same Rilo Kiley Outro which is cool. I laughed because I hate the word meme too but still ended up using it didn't I?
Anonymous said…
Yes, incredible it is. But here is something more so about mine. Number of AC/DC songs: 182.

Boo ya!
Melinda June said…
I noticed that coincidence, as well, dale, because I used your list as a template for mine. And yes, I thought that was cool. Next time don't give in. Call it a tag. Meme is annoying.

You may have 182 AC/DC songs, B, but I have have 32 songs written or performed by guys named Barry (mostly Gibb and Manilow.) Booyah right back at you.

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Executive MBA 2006-07 Director's Prize