Jav-aahhh

I am a coffee lover. Readers of this blog will know that I have had my troubles finding the right mocha solution here in the UK. I've had a drip pot explode on me, I've grown frustrated with the inconsistency of my cafetiere skills, and even took a step into the dark side of instant during one of my weaker moments.

But one of the advantages of working for a company that sells reward and recognition products and services is that you're guaranteed to earn points for something by just doing a good job, and those points add up and turn themselves into all sorts of things. In the states, they became radios, TVs, a DVD player, a camping equipment Christmas for my nephews, several kitchen appliances and many lunches at Chili's and Red Lobster. Here in the UK, they just became a DeLonghi espresso maker!

It was waiting for me when I arrived at work today. I rushed home at lunch to make a cappuccino and savour the deliciousness that is a freshly brewed homemade cup of espresso. This one is much nicer than the basic-but-serviceable Krups one I had in the US. It makes noise like an espresso machine should, and the frother is much easier to clean. It can take Illy or LavAzza or other fine grinds, but it can also process those little pods that are so popular these days. (Not the little plastic jobbies, but the ones that look like tea bags.) I had a delicious-rich-tasty coffee after I finished my sandwich, and then I made a delightful americano when I finished dinner. Yum-Yumma Yum!

Of course, it is unlikely that I'll be sleeping anytime soon.

These are the poor decisions people like me make after a few years in the PNW. Curse you Seattle and your fine and abundant java selection! You've destined me to a caffeinated haze for eternity!

Comments

Kireliols said…
I'm so happy you've achieved some coffee peace. If anyone can sympathize over a proper cup of coffee, made in a proper copper coffee pot, it is I.

But then again, I've never made coffee in a copper coffee pot.
Cup said…
Could you please whip up a skim latte with an extra shot for me?

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Empathize this