My Delicious Cauliflower Cheese Soup

While I enjoy my delicious bowl of soup (without scalded skin) I thought I'd share the recipe so you can make yourself some and be as happy as I am. Or, as CP does, listen to my 40@40, read my blog, and eat my soup...it will almost be like having dinner with me.

You need:
A head of cauliflower
A carrot
A potato
3 cloves of garlic
2 leeks (or onions)
some salt
5 cups of water

Peel/chop all of the veg above into relatively cookable dice. Bung it in a pot with the water and the salt (or replace some of the water with stock), bring it to a boil and then simmer until it's squooshy.

Use the hand blender to pulverize.

Stir in a dollop of creme fraiche/sour cream/yogurt (lowfat varieties acceptable.) Dump in a tablespoon of lowfat herb cream cheese just because. Now add about one and half to two cups of finely shredded cheese...I use swiss, but cheddar works, too, the sharper the better. Now put in a splash more water for consistency (in case it's too thick), about a teaspoon of dill and about a teaspoon of caraway seed. Shake of hot sauce (tabasco or similar) and some black pepper (or Penzey's red and black blend!) With the heat kind of low so it doesn't separate, let the cheese melt and stir once in awhile. Meanwhile, toast some rye bread (or other crusty dark thing) and pour yourself a glass of Australian Red.

Yum.

Comments

Dale said…
I won't do it. But that's because I can barely boil water without burning it. Sounds yummy though.
Jake's Mom said…
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:):):):):):)

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Executive MBA 2006-07 Director's Prize