Geezer

Oy. My sciatica.

Actually, Oy! my floating rib!

My rib is, in fact, floating. More precisely, it is poking me when I move. I did some sort of slept wrong/coughed too much thing and put my right lower rib out about a week ago. It has gotten progressively worse, and by Monday I couldn't do ANYTHING without pulling a face. I went to an osteopath on Wednesday. He was like 10. Okay, I'm sure he's probably 30, and he was very friendly and helpful and put things back in line, but I felt like his grandmother. Thank GOD I could get myself onto the table, because if I'd needed assistance I'd have died. Those who've been to an osteopath before know that they massage and move things around and you often end up feeling worse before you feel better. At least that's the case with me. Today my rib isn't poking me, but I feel like I've been run over with a truck.

I joined a gym recently, and have been really good about going every day. I had to take Monday and Tuesday off because I would have passed out, but I managed to go yesterday. Today, though, I came home and moaned. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

Oh. And I've been filling in grad school applications and studying for my entrance exam. It's been 20 years since I had any math class, and boy does it show. I guarantee that my 14 year old nephew has better math skills than me. My verbal scores are high, though, and after I studied a bit my math ones were passable. I figure a bit more studying and I'll know my way around equations and fractions again. But it's really annoying that I've lost my touch. I was REALLY good at math. I've never scored below the 99th percentile on a standardized test in my life, so I have a high bar set for myself. I will NOT be okay with an average score. Which, considering that I haven't taken one of these pressure tests since 1983, is not going to be an easy task.

Bad back, can't remember my math skills, whippersnapper osteopath? Could I feel older? Yes, in fact I can...I looked in the mirror today and my grey hair roots are now unmaskable.

And then today I went out to the car, and some kid had scratched "geezer" into the frost on my windscreen. Little snot. If I had a cane, I'd shake it at them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Empathize this