Oh Happy Day

On Friday, my belongings arrived from the states.

I didn't ship that much, but what came will make me feel like there's a bit of me in the house.

I shipped art by my friends Larry and Pam, as well as some items that friends and loved ones have given me that remind me of home.

I have pictures of my friends and family already here, but there are more in the boxes. You'll be spread around the house now.

I shipped some glassware and such because, while I don't really need my dishes, the glasses here suck and I have cool ones. There are a couple of things broken in that box, but I don't know which because I haven't had time to unpack it. I'm hopeful it's not too bad.

I shipped all of my cds, as well as some books I've been meaning to read. I can now fill my house with the sounds I like and can finish Hillary's (auto?)biography before the campaign.

There are winter clothes in time for winter.

There are summer clothes in time for the last days of summer.

I have a down coat.

And best of all, I have my down duvet, my down pillows, and a beautiful quilt that my grandmother (maybe even great grandmother?) made. That box I unpacked, and have made my bed with my own bedding.

So now when I have to kill a spider the size of a baby food jar, I can crawl into my bed and seek comfort with a good book. Though since it's the Ashes this weekend, I've been spending more time with test cricket viewed on my laptop. Some things are irreversibly changed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Empathize this