Sunday Night

I have had a relaxing weekend in. I did yoga, I went on walks, I cooked, I watched movies, I read a lot. Finished up two books that have been partially-read for a few weeks, and am now focusing on Harry Potter.

Opened a bank account yesterday, which is interesting as a foreigner. There is much fear that I might be laundering money, so there were lots of hoops for jumping through. Now that's done, and I have to build credit. Spent much of the weekend putting bills on auto-pay so I don't have to think about them. Had a lesson in writing checks last weekend, so that's good. (I'm not a moron, it's just that the checks look a lot different here...there's an extra line that's not intuitive when you're used to a different format.)

I worry that I killed a duck. About a week and a half ago, I was in a hurry and ducks were crossing in front of the house so I had to wait. I thought they'd all passed before I drove, but now there are signs by kids saying, "Kill your speed, not a duck," and they appeared the morning after, so I fear I may have gotten one under the wheel. I hope not.

Went for a leaving do for a colleague at a place called Bistro Live. They cater to hen parties and large groups who aren't large enough for a private hall. They feed you just-okay food and then they play music for dancing. I danced with reckless abandon (as I usually do,) and now my colleagues think I'm wild. I've explained that it's really just a good sense of rhythm and a bit of hyperactivity, but they're not buying it.

Should be an easy week, and then next Sunday I am spending the day with my friend Anne and her daughter Siri as they fly through to Johannesburg.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways other than Paul Blart and lipstick to combat economic depression

Planning Funerals