1. Obviously, I've become quite attached to this whole numbering format. Though I've strayed a bit lately, it seems this is a formula I can stick with. It makes it a lot easier to blog, because random thoughts can all go in the same entry. But I feel like I've lost my edge. My ability to spin a yarn. Hmmm.
2. I have excellent bedhead today. I wish I could get my hair to do this every day.
3. There's fine mist blowing about. So fine it looks like snow, but of course it's not since it's 60 degrees out. Great day for a barbeque! Which is what I'm doing this afternoon.
4. We went out to celebrate C's last day of work last night. It was a quiet night out in Horsham. We did meet one guy who demanded a hug when we walked past (we obliged,) but there were no rowdy yob-types in sight. It hardly felt like England.
5. There were, however, many men wearing shockingly strong cologne. Nice to know some things remain the same.
6. I think it's odd that cooking shows have appliances they'll never need on the counters behind them. There's an expensive espresso machine, a malt maker, a meat grinder and a fruit press behind them on Saturday Kitchen. There's no need for this. We all know that they're not going to teach us to make a cup of coffee some morning. A malt, on the other hand, would be a tasty treat. Perhaps someday they'll make a mochaccino bologna malt with fresh grapefruit juice. Yum.
7. Do you have the Beijing Olympics cartoon ad that has that creepy monkey with the many sharp teeth, or is that just a Beeb thing? If that guy is competing, I'm not watching. He scares me. Okay. I used the Google to answer my own question, and it's a BBC thing designed by the Gorillaz guy. Whom I dig. But as afar as I'm concerned, this is not on.
8. We have like a 75 hour train trip to get to our barbecue. I wish it were sunny.
9. Or even just warm.
10. But it's not.